This is vegan fakeaway heaven with our take on a naughty Chinese takeaway classic, Singapore Noodles. This dish traditionally uses rice vermicelli noodles, but we’ve made our version with wholemeal noodles for some added nutrition and bite – but it’s great either way! If you want to make this recipe gluten free use rice noodles and substitute tamari for soy sauce. This is a super quick supper to prepare for any night of the week – one of our ready in 15-minute recipes for your back pocket!
300g noodles (rice or wholemeal)
2tsp curry powder
1tsp ground turmeric
½tsp white pepper
1tbsp soy sauce
1tsp rice wine vinegar
1tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp veg oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
100g mange tout, cut into thin strips
1 large carrot, julienned
100g frozen peas
100g broccoli, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
Vegan | Dairy Free
1. Prepare vegetables and set aside, thinly slicing everything so they cook quickly.
2. Cook noodles in pan of boiling water, as per packet instructions, drain & reserve a cup full of the cooking water, this will help make the sauce.
3. Heat a large wok or frying pan, add sesame and veg oil until sizzling and then stir fry the prepared veg for 1 minute.
4. Add curry powder, turmeric, white pepper and sugar and cook out for 30 seconds.
5. Add into the pan the cooked noodles, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and some of the noodle cooking liquid. Cook out the dish together for 1 minute until sauce has coating consistency.
6. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and thinly sliced spring onions, serve and enjoy.