If you're looking for an easy vegan lasagne recipe then look no further! We took all the hard work out with our brand new PEP Kitchen Wild Mushroom and Lentil Ragu For Two, all you have to do is make the vegan bechamel, assemble the ingredients and bake!
This recipe is for two hungry people for supper, you could easily double or triple this recipe for a dinner party or freeze the leftovers for easy (and delicious) weeknight wins!
1 PEP Kitchen Wild Mushroom and Lentil Ragu For Two (defrosted).
3 Egg free lasagne sheets
50g Grated vegan parmesan alternative (Try Violife Prosociano)
Few sprigs of thyme leaves (save the stalks for the bechamel)
250ml Unsweetened soya milk
20g Plain flour
20g Dairy free spread or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Generous pinch of yeast flakes
Salt & white pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190˚c / gas mark 4
Vegan | Dairy Free
- Make the vegan bechamel. Put the milk, thyme stalks and the shallot half with a pinch of pepper in a saucepan and gently heat until just bubbling. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes then remove the shallot and thyme stalks.
- Heat the oil or spread in a separate saucepan, then stir in the flour until you have a smooth paste. Cook on a medium heat until the paste smells nutty and has turned the slightest hint darker. Slowly pour in the warm milk, stirring very well as you go, making sure the sauce is smooth after each addition of milk.
- Continue to simmer very gently for 5 mins, stirring often to prevent it sticking, until you have a thick sauce. Finally, stir in the yeast extract and mustard.
- Spoon a third of the Wild Mushroom Ragu into the bottom of a deep baking dish, add a pasta sheet layer over the top then spoon over a third of the white sauce. Repeat with the remaining sauces and pasta to create 2 more layers, finishing with a layer of white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and thyme leaves and bake for 50 mins or until golden and bubbling.
- Try serving with a simple salad and some grilled bread, lightly rubbed with garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Buon Appetito!